Thursday, March 29, 2012

52 Reasons I Love You

Found a very creative way to say "I Love You" over at Paper Vine Blog.  I immediately thought hmm, I could do this.  It requires little money and is easy.
I bought two decks of cards, a set for each granddaughter.  And I already had the little rings. Now, I don't have fancy machines to cut out perfect squares.  Or a machine to punch perfect holes.  But, I do have scissors and a single hole punch. :)

First, I punched the holes into all the cards.

Then I used the paper out of the printer and cut little rectangles that would fit in the middle of each card.  Next, I colored a border around each paper.  I used a glue stick and glued a piece to each card.

Now, came the hard part..thinking of 52 reasons you love someone.  Hmm, you say that shouldn't be so hard.  Well, I didn't want to use just generic reasons...I wanted to be as specific as possible on some of them.  It needs to be where it couldn't be given to just anyone.  It has to belong to that one person only.

My 10 year old granddaughter...her deck is completed. I will give it to her next visit. As for my 3 month old granddaughter, well, her deck will take a bit longer.  She is too young to be very specific about.  Our memory making has just started.  As she grows and I learn about her ways, I can add specific reasons to her deck.

Making memories for the girls to have, so they always know they mattered to me.